BBQ Veggies and Haloumi Salad
- 2 large Zucchini thinly sliced lengthways
- 300gm brown flat mushroom
- 1 capsicum sliced in roughly 3cm slices lengthways
- 1 bunch asparagus with ends chopped
- olive oil
- 1 cup hummus
- 2 tablespoons roasted tamari almonds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- small handful mint leaves
- 250g haloumi
- 1 tablespoon currants
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts
- 4 green olives roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
Spray or lightly coat the veggies in olive oil and cook on the BBQ until soft and juicy. The asparagus will take the shortest amount of time. Cook the haloumi until slightly golden and slightly melted.
On a large platter, spread the hummus and place the cooked bbq’d veggies all over. Sprinkle on top the almonds, sunflower seeds, pomegranate seeds and fresh mint. Season with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl mix together the currants, parsley, dill, pine nuts, olives, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix to combine. On a plate, lay the haloumi and top with the salad mixture. Season with pepper.
Belinda created The Seed Concept as she is passionate about helping women optimise their nutrition and health in a realistic and achievable manner.
Latest posts by Belinda Kirkpatrick (see all)
- Seed App – Part 3 – Food & More - December 11, 2017
- Easy Apple and Pear Snacks: - December 11, 2017
- Is your home hormone-friendly? Understanding environmental oestrogens - December 11, 2017